Wednesday 11 June 2008

Perfect Day


I have just spent the most fabulous 24 hour holiday in North Norfolk. Alfresco lunch at The Hoste in Burnham Market. The garden room is so exotic it reminds me of eating dinner at Biras Creek on Virgin Gorda - only without the Caribbean view. The weather was totally BVI, as I went on to shop in Holt for dresses, deli and diamonds. My budget took in 2 lovely halternecks and a great Pork dinner from Byfords, but sadly didn't stretch to the ring I really liked in Webbs - but a huge thank you to the really nice lady who let me try it on.

Then back along the coast to Lord and Lady Coke's lovely shabby chic boutique hotel: The Victoria at Holkham Hall. Check in is delightfully informal and keys are doshed out to make your way through the park, to the resplendent Triumphal Arch. We popped our Sandhams' pink champagne in the ground floor fridge (yes there's one upstairs too - those stone spirals can be tiresome after a while), oohed and aahed at the amazing bedroom/lounge/bathroom of the West Wing and hit the beach at 6pm to glorious sunshine, olives, Italian sausage and bread. We had the golden sands to ourselves, save for a couple of Oyster Catchers and thousands of tiny razor shells.

By 7.30 I was soaking in a lovely hot tub whilst Jim popped down to the well equipped kitchen to rustle up an amazing dinner. Sipping my chilled pink champagne, whilst opening cards and pressies, I felt truly blessed for such a perfect day. And even more so for my own mother, who made a 4-hour round trip the previous day, to ensure my daughter had a gift to give me for my birthday.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails